2021 OAG Excellence Awards for Victims’ Justice
Nomination Deadline: April 1, 2021
- Nominations may be submitted for individuals or organizations, depending on the specified award criteria.
- Each submission must address all award criteria for consideration.
- Each nomination form must be accompanied by a nomination letter, which must include the title, affiliation, phone number, email address, and mailing address, of the individual submitting the nomination.
- Nominations for an organization, agency, program, or team, must include the name, title, email address, and telephone number for a point of contact.
- Each nomination letter should not exceed two single-spaced, one-sided, letter-size (8.5 x11) pages, and typed using standard 12-point font. Supporting documentation (newspaper articles, previous awards, video clips, photos, etc.) may be submitted.
- Please submit a headshot (if nominating an individual) or an agency logo (for an organization) by April 16, 2021, to ensure inclusion in the program.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements:
- Nominees must be 18-years of age or older and reside in New Jersey.
- Nominees must serve victims in a professional or volunteer capacity in New Jersey.
- Nominees cannot be previous award winners.
- Share your thoughts on the compelling reasons why you are nominating this individual or organization for an award. Please describe their contributions to the victim services field that extends beyond the individual’s standard job duties and how these contributions improve victims’ lives.
- Explain how the nominee(s) demonstrated compassion, extraordinary effort, commitment, exceptional leadership/teamwork, or how they brought about change for victims and/or victims’ justice.
- Identify any unique, innovative, or groundbreaking approaches and accomplishments the nominee or organization has made to serve and/or improve crime victim services and/or crime victims’ rights.
- Describe the impact the nominee’s work has had on the lives of those affected by violent crimes or the criminal justice system.
- Indicate approximately how long the nominee(s) has assisted victims.
- List two additional persons who might share your assessment of the nominee.
Award Selection and Requirements:
- If your nominee is selected, you will be notified by a VCCO representative.
- Winners will be announced publicly during Crime Victims’ Rights Week.
- Award winners agree to participate in a virtual Crime Victims’ Rights Week Ceremony and agree to the general use of their photographic portraits or pictures, names, digital images, videotapes, other media material, and sound recordings to be published, reproduced, distributed, or posted by representatives of State Government and its websites. The media will be invited to attend this event.