Education and Training Unit
Click Here to go directly to the trainings we are currently offering.
The Education and Training Unit seeks to proactively educate the public about the Law Against Discrimination and how to recognize and prevent acts of discrimination and bias-based harassment through interactive virtual and in-person trainings.
The Director of Education and Training and the Education and Training Specialists:
- Provide training for employers, housing providers, and places of public accommodation (including educators) on the Law Against Discrimination;
- Work to prevent discrimination and bias-based incidents by addressing real world situations through authentic conversations;
- Commit to anti-racist education, as set forth in the DCR Anti-Racist Statement, for all stakeholders in the State;
- Conduct training on implicit bias for all stakeholders in the State including, but not limited to, educators, medical professionals, employers and housing providers;
- Provide training on sexual harassment and hostile work environments;
- Uphold the recommendations set forth in the Youth Bias Task Force Report;
- Provide high quality, equity centered presentations, workshops, trainings, and resources to members of the public; and
- Represent the Division at public forums and community events across the state.
Click here to contact the Education and Training Unit with questions or requests for training.
Click here to view civil rights fact sheets.
Click here to learn more about how to report a possible civil rights violation.
ETU Mission, Vision, and Core Principles
The mission of the Education and Training Unit at DCR is to prevent, eliminate and remedy discrimination and bias-based harassment in employment, housing, and places of public accommodation throughout New Jersey.
A New Jersey free from discrimination and bias where all people are treated with equal dignity and equal respect and have access to equal opportunity.
- Advancing anti-discrimination values and civil rights.
- Creating a learner-centered approach.
- Allowing for different ideas and perspectives.
- Applying knowledge to life experiences.
- Providing practical strategies and solutions.
Education and Training Unit is headed by
Director, Education and Training
DIVISION ON CIVIL RIGHTS
File a Civil Rights Complaint
Know the Law