State Office of Victim Witness Advocacy (SOVWA)
New Jersey State Office of Victim Witness Advocacy (SOVWA)
If this is an emergency, please call 911. This office does not have emergency services.
The mission of the State Office of Victim-Witness Advocacy is to:
- Serve victims of state cases handled by the Division of Criminal Justice
- Oversee the County Victim Witness Coordinators’ Offices
- Operate the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program Coordinating Council which has oversight of the 21 County Sexual Assault Response Team programs
- Oversee the VINE (Victim Information Notification Everyday)
- Develop standards and trainings for serving victims
For cases handled by the Division of Criminal Justice or for general questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-866-326-7206
If you are a victim and your case is being prosecuted by the County Prosecutor, please contact your County Victim Witness office
1) How to file a domestic violence restraining order; 2) resources for domestic violence victims; and 3) petitioning the court to dissolve the no contact order for defendants/juveniles released from custody due to public health emergency credits.