The Investigations Bureau’s mission is to ensure full compliance of New Jersey Alcoholic Beverage Laws, Rules and Regulations pertaining to all segments of the diverse alcoholic beverage industry including suppliers, wholesalers and retailers of alcoholic beverage products. This task is accomplished through the use of routine compliance inspections as well as in-depth investigations of specific allegations involving the State’s criminal or administrative alcoholic beverage laws.
What are the Investigations Bureau’s Responsibilities?
1. Respond to complaints involving criminal violations of the State’s alcoholic beverage laws and/or violations of State’s alcoholic beverage administrative regulations.
2. Conduct routine compliance inspections and, where necessary, re-inspections of premises licensed by the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
3. Coordinate enforcement action and information exchange with Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies, as well as various governmental agencies.
4. Investigate the background of persons and corporations applying for State issued licenses and permits as well as those persons with a prior criminal record who are seeking employment permits.
Forms and Publications
- Representation and Statement of Age for Purchase of Alcoholic Beverages
- E-141A Employee List
- Self Inspection Check List for Class C Plenary Retail Licensees
- Fetal Alcohol Warning Poster
866-713-8392 (NJ, NY, PA & DE only)
609-292-9923 (All other areas)
Call 866-713-8392 – to report illegal activity to the ABC Investigative Unit.